HIGH SCHOOL ART CONTEST
The Alliance, along with the Visual Arts Collective, sponsors the Annual High School Art
Contest. Students, under the guidance of their art teachers, produce pieces that are judged
by member artists from the Visual Arts Collective. Winning students receive small cash prizes
funded by the local law firm Meadows & Macie. The program began in 1999.
Rules of the Contest
1. Contest is open to all 10th - 12th grade high school students in Henry County -- public, private, and home schools. One entry per student with a total of 20 entries per school.
2. Online Pre-registration will run in January. Only pre-registered Artwork will be accepted at the PAC. Information will be sent to the schools with the online pre-registration procedures.
3. A student may enter only one piece, any media. All artworks need to be labeled on the back with Artist Name and School. Art deemed objectionable or the incorrect size will be excluded.
4. Artwork must be original work of the student, not copied from magazines or other sources, and completed during the high school years. Artwork that has won previous years’ competitions may not be entered.
5. 2D work must be matted or mounted and ready to hang with wire attached for use with picture brackets. Space is limited, so the maximum finished size (including frame) accepted for 2D is 30”x40”and 40”x30”x20” for 3D. Any artwork not meeting these requirements will not be considered for awards and may be excluded from the exhibit. There must be no exposed nails, screws, or sharp edges on any work.
6. Entrants and parents/guardians expressly agree, by participating in this competition, to release and hold harmless the Henry County Board of Education, the Henry Arts Alliance, Meadows & Macie and their employees, and volunteers, from any and all liability arising out of this event, including damage or theft.
7. Artwork will remain on display at the Performing Arts Center through February.
8. Winners will be notified by phone &/or email.
9. Award winning works will be taken and displayed in a special Gallery showing known as “The Winner’s Circle” at the McDonough Library. An Awards Reception will be held at the McDonough Library. The Monetary awards will be presented at this event and students will be able to take their work home after the reception
10. All remaining works at the PAC must be picked up.
Pre-registered Artwork must be delivered to the Performing Arts Center.
On-line Pre-registration link is: http://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/Page/106236
and will be activated January 30th-February 7th, 2019
Arts Alliance, Inc.
Art, Dance, Drama, Literature, Music
--- The Spice of Life ---
Created By EnglishDesign.net